- Cannabis Vaping in Teens Skyrocketingby Elle Gellrich on July 4, 2022 at 7:06 pm
Teenagers smoking cannabis is not a new phenomenon for the drug has recreationally been used for years. Recently, a growing number of teens are vaping cannabis, a form of smoking that may be more harmful and addictive than the ‘traditional’ way of consuming the drug, say specialists from United Recovery California. E-cigarettes and vaping products [...]
- VR, Temptation, and the “Experience Machine” in ‘Ready Player One’by John Tuttle on May 11, 2022 at 9:17 pm
Real emotions in a synthetic worldContinue reading on Storius Magazine »
- Justice Rendered: The final confiscation of properties and business enterprises of Gianfranco Becchina has been confirmed.by Unknown on May 25, 2022 at 9:15 am
DIA Seizing Gianfranco Becchina assets in 2017Italy's Direzione Investigativa Antimafia, the country's Anti-Mafia Investigation Department has issued a confirmation confiscation decree based upon a request from the Public Prosecutor's Office of Palermo. As per this decree, this action finalises the confiscation of a significant portion of movable, real estate and corporate assets "attributable to a well-known international trader of works of […]
- Americans For The Arts Debuts Improved Arts + Social Impact Explorerby Ms. Ann Marie Watson on May 20, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Friday, May 20, 2022Category: Americans for the Arts NewsAmericans for the Arts has introduced a new 2.0 version of the Arts + Social Impact Explorer, the most comprehensive clearinghouse of example projects and research about the role of arts in community life available today. The Explorer provides examples, datapoints, links to research papers, and lists of active organizations to illustrate the impact of arts and culture in 30 aspects of […]
- The 36 Best Fourth of July Deals on Kitchen Gizmos and Techby Brenda Stolyar on July 4, 2022 at 4:26 pm
Independence Day is here, and so are the savings. We’ve rounded up plenty of sales on air purifiers, office chairs, massage guns, and more.
- the death of john belushi -- 7/1/22on July 1, 2022 at 7:20 am
Today's selection -- from Where Did I Go Right by Bernie Brillstein. Bernie Brillstein, agent for John Belushi, commenting on the life and death of the comedian: "One day in early March 1982, I flew with John Belushi from Los Angeles to Martha's Vineyard in a private jet. We had it all to ourselves. He was thirty-three. I was fifty-one. The accommodations were first class and we should have been having the time of our lives. We weren't. In […]
- Online Dating: Does Education Matter?on January 13, 2017 at 6:51 pm
Online daters are most likely to contact people with the same level of education as them, but are less fussy about an intellectual match as they get older, according to new research.
- What the Metaverse Means For Designersby ID Blogger on June 3, 2022 at 6:11 pm
What the Metaverse Means For Designers The Metaverse might be an all new term for designers; something that they are newly becoming familiarized with. The Metaverse acts as a digital frontier for designers to create unique experiences through the virtual world of social connection. You might be wondering, well what does this mean for designers? Well, in simple terms; it means designers will be able to turn the industry on its head, providing an […]
- Turtles, Ducklings, and Pheasants Comprise an Adorable Menagerie of Miniatures by Fanni Sandorby Grace Ebert on July 1, 2022 at 6:45 pm
Hungary-based artist Fanni Sandor (previously) expands her already minuscule menagerie with even tinier creatures. Using polymer clay, feathers, fur, and other materials, Sandor sculpts biologically accurate miniatures at a 1:12 scale, and many of her recent pieces include newborns and adolescents: a trio of joeys cling to their mother’s back, a chick slurps a worm, and a duckling grasps a monarch in its bill. Sandor shares more of the […]
- The True, The Real And The Beautiful: 7 Years Of 'Cosmos And Culture'by Adam Frank on April 13, 2018 at 3:45 pm
Through science commentary, we created a place for exploration of deep, complex issues. There's a hunger in all of us for more than just facts — we hunger for meaning, says astrophysicist Adam Frank.
- All The 4th of July Tech and Home Deals That Are Actually Worth Your Timeby The Editors of GQ on July 3, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Kick back, relax, and upgrade your space.
- Feed has no items.
- Viral TikTok Trend Leads to Disruptions of “Minions” Screeningsby Patrick von Sychowski on July 4, 2022 at 3:16 pm
The record-breaking run of “Minions: the Rise of Gru” over the July 4th weekend has been marred by a viral TikTok trend that has led to the disruption of some cinema screenings. The #GentleMinions trend has seen youths turning up in screenings wearing suits and filming themselves clapping and cheering to the film. While someRead More The post Viral TikTok Trend Leads to Disruptions of “Minions” Screenings appeared first on Celluloid […]
- From the Archives: An Interview with Gerhard Demetzby Nastia Voynovskaya on May 23, 2020 at 5:00 pm
It is often said that children are privy to a certain wisdom inaccessible to adults, that their naivete allows them to gaze at the world without the cynicism that comes from a long time of living in it. In his large-scale wood sculptures, Italian artist Gehard Demetz presents children as powerful figures — knowing, self-aware and bold. A master craftsman, Demetz creates his compositions within a surrealist framework, portraying his subjects […]