The International Independent Creative Industries Council, IICIC, focuses on research, evaluation and promotion, of economic and management activities, creative industries production lines and productivities, which are concerned with the generation of knowledge and information and the productions formed, within the specific creative industries fields of interest.
The International Independent Creative Industries Council, supports design, music, publishing, architecture, film and video, crafts, visual arts, fashion, TV and radio, advertising, literature, computer games, performing arts and the entertainment sectors, disciplines and areas, focusing in a comparative manner on research and data gathering, creative industries economy, management, marketing and promotion, specifically linked to creative ecologies.
The International Independent Creative Industries Council,
The ten initial objectives of the International Independent Creative Industries Council, which we strongly believe lead to the Democratisation of Culture and Culturalisation of Democracy. These are the following:
- To comprehend the needs of the creative industries, through a progressive spectrum.
- To support the socially acceptable, creative, legitimate and excellent social objectives and missions, the artistic, creative, cultural works.
- To encourage, organize and set up working groups, meetings, assemblies and events, and also to raise social, market and regulators awareness and encourage their support, through active engagement.
- To observe the local, national and international legal framework of cultural and creative industries, and to present, for the public interest, relevant findings, researches and results in relation to the global creative industries ecologies.
- To participate in relative creative industries, cultural and social events, conferences, meetings and fora at a local and international level.
- To develop and build partnerships, collaborations and developments with local governments, administrative bodies, institutions and agencies.
- To study, develop and implement principles of equitable administrative practices, in the sectors of arts, cultural and creative industries.
- To contribute in the optimisation of the quality of people’s lives, in the neighborhoods, communities and societies.
- To create, develop and distribute international creative industries support programmes.
- To promote, in any practically feasible, peaceful and legitimate mean, the comprehension, equality, solidarity, freedom of speech, relativity and unity amongst creative industries, connected and affiliated organisations.